Sadly, it looks as though may be the case.

After completely reorganizing my music library, I decided to rebuild my
SqueezeCenter PC from scratch, and since it would be a dedicated box,
also decided it would be easier to jsut do the MIP analysis from scratch
as well.

After a week of not being able to get a MusicDNS key, I searched the
forums and found that one of their top tech guys left and no one was
getting any responses.

Finally there was a post from him, confirming he'd left but could not
provide anything more definitive as he no longer worked for the company.

http://forums.musicip.com/index.php?showtopic=4286&st=45

--
ob_kook

SB2 --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII