Philip Meyer;428592 Wrote:
> >how do you know thats not what he means?
> His problem was clearly stated - compilation albums being split up into
> albums of the same name - one per artist.

ok...  so when he was in the artist list, he drilled down to each comp
artist, and saw the same album under each artist on the comp.

or, if he went into albums, and ordered them by artists, same thing.

no?  i just don't see how you're so sure...  i'm not saying that option
IS the fix or that you're wrong, just that it may be depending on what
he means, and his data.

i could be all wet, i don't mess with that option, i always have it set
to group comps, but it shouldn't matter to me b/c i also have AA on
everything.

Philip Meyer;428592 Wrote:
> That means that the compilation tag was being picked up as 0, and
> without an Album Artist tag, it looks like there are many regular albums
> that share the same name.

yes, its confusing b/c i don't know how itunes normally does things, or
if his data is normal for itunes.  would a full clear and rescan even
apply if he uses itunes integration?

i also wonder if he mostly has AA tags or not.  itunes def uses them
and edits them, and i am pretty sure gets them from its online DB, but
not positive on that.

Philip Meyer;428592 Wrote:
> Could potentially be related to iTunes organising songs into a strict
> /artist/album/songs folder hierarchy too, so without a Compilation tag,
> it would use folder structure to assume  songs were part of different
> albums.
>
> Phil

yep, SC still hasn't gotten totally away from folder location, (related
to the G.Hits logic i believe)

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - w/sc 7.3.3b - win xp pro
sp3 ie8 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655