Goodsounds;429322 Wrote:
> Out of curiosity I scanned the linked material - Very interesting.
>
> I'm not a retailer, but I don't think a rule like that would work very
> well in the US. I'd be interested to know more about how it works in the
> UK.
>
> This would seem to really put sellers in a precarious position. Maybe
> that's why things always seem so expensive in the UK (and not just
> because of exchange rates and/or VAT). They would need to pay for such a
> long term "guarantee" some how, and maybe the high prices are the
> result.

Exactly what I was thinking.  Really puts retailers in a difficult
position as they may have to cover many things that a manufacturer would
normally doe.  Manufacturers plan for warranty costs, retailers really
don't.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality