toby10;429549 Wrote:
> Create a folder within your music folder, usually people call this
> folder New Music.  Add the files or rip your CD to this folder.  These
> will be immediately available to you via SC7 > Music Library > Music
> Folder
>
> No rescan needed using Music Folders but I think this method ignores
> TAGS and can only utilize simple file name structure (like accessing
> music files via My Computer > *folders*).

I just put the music in whatever folder I'd normally put it, then use
the Music Folder method you describe to browse to it.  It doesn't
exactly ignore tags, but it won't report the tag data in the pane where
you're browsing.  If you actually add the files to the playlist/queue,
you'll see that it's reading tag data.  It also adds those files to the
database, at least when running under Ubuntu.

--
atrocity