First I should say that I have been using my SB2 for several years, and
in several configurations. I am not a rooky. My current configuration is
an Asus EEE running XP Pro with SqueezeCenter and my library is on a
NAS. The NAS and the SB are connected via ethernet and the Asus is
wireless.

When everything is working I am very happy with it. It is close to
exactly what I want.

But for some reason with this setup I lose my library every once in
awhile. When this happens everything seems normal except when I press
Play nothing happens. The SB says NOW PLAYING, I can create on my
computer a playlist. All my music is listed in SC but nothing happens.
The only solution I have found is to clear out and completely rescan my
library. The last two times I acutally had to retype the location of the
library into SC, though the correct location was already in the box.

Since it takes over half an hour to do all this, this is obviously not
acceptable.

When I had an HDD containing my library connected directly to my laptop
I did not have this problem. I had plenty of other problems, but not
this one.

Anyone have any ideas? Please don't suggest I buy anything. I have
spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours trying to create a robust
SB system. I have sworn off spending even one more penny until the
system works.

Thanks or any help you may have.

--
regalma1