"Michael Amster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> MrC.  I have found that the TheaterMaster MX-700 is a nice,
> programmable, backlit unit with a combo of hard buttons and LCD. I have
> it working with our Dish 921 (boy I wish I got the 942 - if I had just
> waited A YEAR).  It works with SlimServer, B&K Ref 50, Toshiba 57HX82
> TV.  Let me know if you want more info.

I have an MX-500, and love it, although I've had a couple issues.  The "left
cursor" position stopped working just after warranty, and just recently the
light stopped working.  It's not more than 2.5 years old, maybe less.   (To
be fair, though, there are 3 toddlers running around my house who rarely,
but occasionally, get hold of the remote; this may be partly to blame for
the backlight).

That said, I will roll the dice and replace it with another 500 or better,
maybe a 650 or 700.  The 500 can now be had for about $85.00; the MX-700 for
about double that.  www.bluedo.com will extend the warranty to two years on
the 500.  It's highly customizable, and has been able to control everything
I've thrown at it.  Plus I'm comfortable with it, and can probably clone my
existing one to a new one.

Ed