melomania;434081 Wrote:
> One thing that I think is very bad using iPeng is the fact that in some
> situations you can move the screen to the left (with a finger movement
> to the left), but when trying to move it back it is not possible or some
> other screen moves in. It is unclear how to get the original screen
> back.

Well, if you don't like that, upgrade to iPhone 3.0 and it goes away
(unintentionally, that's the one feature that doesn'T work anymore in
3.0).

> I think it should always be possible to move something back to you
> moved out.

It is, just hit the "back" button on the top.
The "swipe to NowPlaying" is just a backup to make moving to NowPlaying
faster than the "main" way to do it, which is to hit the "Coolio" button
on the top bar - which, BTW, is the same way it works in Apple's iPod
application. Oh, and it's the same in Apple's iPod app that you can move
to NowPlaying with a swipe left (although it doesn't always work) and
won't come back with the swipe right.

> But I know iPeng is very powerfull and extended. Maybe I should give it
> a try.
> I will read about the concept and maybe it changes my opinion.

Well, iPeng has much more functionality than most other apps.
And - and you may criticize this - I made a conscious decision to
design an EFFICIENT app more than one that is immediately intuitive,
meaning, it's supposed to be usable FAST. I did this because my audio
remote is something I use a lot and I'm willing to go through a small
learning curve to not have to go through deep menus later.

If you've got a lot of functionality, that's conflicting targets:
Compare Squidgy, for example. That app is probably more easy to
understand since for every item you tap it brings up a dialog asking you
what to do with it. It will take you much longer, though, to actually do
things this way.

There is room for improvement, though, especially on the "Players"
screen and maybe also on the handling of "modes" and context menus - I'm
currently redesigning some of these things.

And that's why I'm honestly interested in what you find difficult, in
the end, that'S the only way it can get better.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com