Dogmatix;434209 Wrote:
> Ok, I recently upgraded to 7.3.3 from 7.2.x? [I don't recall which
> version now] and have lost some critical functionality: the ability to
> play MP3 files [or streams for that matter].
>
> When I try to play an MP3 file, the player goes through the motions and
> reads the file. The logs indicate that the player is, indeed, playing.
> HOwever, no sound comes out and the file doesn't actually play (timer is
> stuck at the start of the file--you can fast-forward to any point and it
> does the same thing...sticks at whatever point you forward to. "Now
> playing" indicates it's playing).
>
> LAME is installed [my first thought] but that changes nothing. If I
> disable native MP3 decoding in the player, it fails.
>
> Any clues on what I can do to fix this short of recoding 6,000 episodes
> of old radio shows?
>
> SB2 with SC 7.3.3 on Windows XP SP3...

are these radio shows in an unusual format - like 32k sampling rate for
example?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom