sander;434663 Wrote:
> The server/NAS piece is key though because I don't think you get the
> most out of it without building a small server, so you can run stuff
> like MusicIP.
Also note that a lot of NASs use more energy than a much more flexible
(and powerful) small server. There are lots of great, very inexpensive
options with mini-itx boxes and systems based on Intel's Atom CPU. For
example, I used to run SC on a LinkStation NAS that consumed 14w when
running. I've replaced it with an Atom-based MSI box that uses 23w when
running, but actually draws less power overall because it supports
suspend-to-RAM and wake-on-LAN, which drops the draw to 3w. And it's
much faster with scanning and web ui, supports MusicIP, etc etc.

--
aubuti