I have a preference added that enables the lazy searching to be optional
per-player. I'll get an updated patch posted to the bug #386 later
tonight.

I’d like to be able to code this as a plugin instead, but I think that
would require some more plugin hooks to be pacthed in anyway
(pre-processing the "search" text before insertion into the database,
and hooks into the code that constructs the database query, for
example).

As for updating to the nightlies - I do that, but if you do it through
Subversion (ie "svn update"), it will keep any non-conflicting local
modifications you might have made. That way I don't need to keep
reapplying this patch, just deal with the occasional conflicts.

--
hickinbottoms

---
Stuart