maggior;435589 Wrote:
> I just started using Media Monkey to manage my music library.  So far
> I'm pretty happy with it.  It has a pretty slick frontend.
>
> It occurred to me that it would be nice to be able to control a
> squeezebox via the media monkey interface.  I would think that this
> would be possible, but I don't know how much development effort it would
> require.
>
> Does such a thing already exist?  What do others think of this idea?

No such thing exists, although a few people have expressed the wish for
it in these forums.  The nearest I got to it was adding an Icecast
pluggin to MediaMonkey and setting Squeezecenter to stream the resulting
URL. That way SC streams from your own private radio station that plays
whatever MediaMonkey is playing (with a few seconds buffering latency).
I used very high bit-rate Ogg/Vorbis format for the stream and it
sounded okay.

A similar solution could probably be adapted from the the DSBridge for
Spotify that was introduced recently to forum readers.  (I think MM can
use DirectSound output, not 100% sure).
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=64590

Hope this is helpful

--