I have been trying to set up a playlist to use as an alarm. What I'd
like to do is play one or two random tracks from a playlist then switch
to a radio station for the news.

I've managed to make a playlist that will play a specified track, then
the radio station (which is saved as a favourite), but I need to add the
track to the playlist in advance and I'd like to start the day with a
bit of a surprise.

I've also made a dynamic playlist which plays random tracks from a
playlist, but the only way I've found to switch to the radio is to have
it set as another alarm ten minutes later. I'd rather not do this
because it means that the music will stop in the middle of a track (I
know I can switch by pressing a button, but I'd rather not have to move
and if I like the music that's playing, I might not switch over!).

I've got a suspicion that the answer might lie in limiting the number
of tracks in the dynamic playlist to one or two, but I'm not sure how to
do this.

Any ideas?

Neil

--