On 31/08/05, chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It certainly does fix the scanning. Not quite sure what the three
> progress bars are trying to tell me, but after some seemingly random
> movement, the scan was sucessful.

Ah, the progress bars, yes.. They show the traversal through the
scan. The top one is the root directory, the next one is each folder
in the root, then the third is each item in that folder. Usually it's just the
top two which are useful, but it depends on the structure of your
collection. If you had say two directories 'flacs' and 'mp3s' in your
root, the 2nd progress bar would probably be more use as the first
would only be at 0% or 50%.. I know it's a bit confusing, but it
saves doing a pre-scan just to work out how many files, etc..

> It came up with a list of folders in which it found music - organised a
> little oddly, but I suspect this is to do with the way I have my music
> sorted.

Yes the structure's all a bit hard-coded in an artist\album\tracks kind
of way. Hopefully the db scanning code should get round this..

> Clicking through songs or albums, and clicking 'play' with no MAC ID
> didn't, however, play the song with the default player (it did
> nothing).

Hmmm, strange.. Works fine here.. I did just fix a bug that was
caused if the audio root directory entry in the options dialog
has a trailing '\'. This seemed to cause a number of problems.
(you'll need to rescan again after changing it)

> Clicking 'Copy' didn't work either. No error, but no file in C:\
> either.

Might be the trailing slash problem again. Also, Copy was really
designed to work with whole Albums or Artists. If a file is selected
it simply doesnt do anything. This was actually by design, but
it really should error with the choice of either copying the whole
album or just the single file. If you click on an album or artist it
should work though, even over a network.

Hope that helps,

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove