I bought a Squeezebox Duet about 2 months ago.  Ripped my 500 CDs to MP3
320 (using Itunes for the most part), updated all firmware and software
upon availability, dumped McAfee and started up AVG virus detection,
dumped my Belkin router for a D-Link 628 (the Belkin had chronically
dropped my network connection for no apparent reason), worked a good bit
on tagging my collection w/ MP3Tag when necessary, enabled the beta
option for controller headphone output (and made the SSH modifications
to the LUA file so that it actually functions).  I use an ethernet
(rather than wireless) connect, not because I had problems w/ the
wireless, but just because the ethernet wire was an easy choice in my
case.

The bottom line?  It's AWESOME and works nearly flawlessly.  I have a
U.S. Robotics Wireless Access Point going in the back room, and the
controller even roams between the router and the WAP smoothly.  I can
grab the controller from its cradle and fall asleep in bed w/ headphones
on, listening to anything from BBC to my Dave Matthews CDs to XM Online
(which also works fine as a plug-in).  Album Art is a challenge at
times, especially when switching between Players (it's beta!), but
that's a tiny problem I can live with.

Audio quality is amazing.  My 500 CDs are now in two small Caselogic
folders in a shelf on the hall, instead of being spread all over the
house.  When pressed, I'll even switch the music source to my teenagers'
Itunes collection upstairs (for as long as I can stand hearing Black
Eyed Peas).

Admittedly, I'm a computer programmer by profession and don't mind
being an early-adopter.  But the fun level has been huge.  I've
re-discovered my music collection (I actually like Dido, a CD I had
ignored for years!).  And it's a great conversation piece when friends
visit.

I'm sure there's more -- but I just wanted to say that it's a great
product when applied with care!

--
kempjef