Goodsounds;437725 Wrote:
> I noticed something odd on the "Who's Online" page.
>
> The usual display opposite the names will be something like "Viewing
> Thread - Need Help with Installation" or "Viewing Forum - General
> Discussion". But sometimes it will just say "Viewing Thread" or "Viewing
> Forum" with no further info. When I've seen this phenomenon, it has
> typically been for entries of long-time and active users (you know the
> ones I mean) and company employees.
>
> I could imagine this might be the case if someone had signed in to the
> forum system, but was viewing a forum that was blocked to the general
> audience. Like, a forum for beta testers.
>
> Or, maybe there's a way to block the display. Or, maybe it's a bug. Or,
> maybe I'm just imagining this.

Well I'll play and take a SWAG at it. It probably means just what it
says. IE they are at the top of the Forum and haven't picked where they
want to go yet so the Forum can't tag them yet. Or they were in the
Forum and walked away and have timed out but the web browser is still
open but since they are not active, the Forum can't again tell what
section they are in.

Or they are employees, and the employees "Do" have a private discussion
area (complete speculation on my part as I have no idea, just saying
could be) for company business. Or they are admin/moderators and they
are moderating.

Or maybe it is odd behavior or the Forum just hasn't updated at that
moment you looked to drill down to "exactly" where they are at that
exact moment so it puts in a wildcard because the Forum knows that
nothing just will not do.

The guy that wrote the Forum software probably couldn't answer this
question, but again that's guessing also.

Or as Pippin said they are in the passworded secret Transporter or Sean
Adams forum sections!

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Ford Expedition: SB3, ToughBook