Short Version:
Wireless Squeezebox 3, when connected to audio system that includes
DirecTivo receiver will degrade internet download performace to dial up
speeds. The audio system can be powered down and the problem persists.
Disconnect the satellite dishes and the problem vanishes!

Details:
Internet connection is at&t DSL via Actiontec GT724WGR gateway.
Main computer is connected via ethernet.
Download speed measured by speakeasy.net network speed test.
Problem is reproducable at will, cleared up by disconnecting either the
stereo audio cable from the Squeezebox or the satellite dishes from the
DirecTivo. It doesn't matter if the various A/V items are powered down.
The problem will persist as long as the Squeezebox is powered up.

Question:
Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this? I thought it might be
possible to put a filter between the Squeezebox and the audio amp. What
kind? What else could be done or investigated to solve the problem?
I have no other evidence that there is anything wrong with the
Squeezebox.

--
dhull