Sorry about that.  I have checked on my Ubuntu System on a USB drive
that I use occasionally and I cannot create a symbolic link.  You are
using an external USB drive for you music library.  I tried to make a
symbolic link on to a USB stick and failed.  The stick ws formatted to
FAT-32.  It think this may be the problem.  Creating a symbolic link in
the linux system works fine.  Using the GUI to create it if fine.  But
using the GUI to move the link to the USB stick doesn't work.  You might
have to try a USB stick formatted to ext3 to see if that would work.

--
Declan Moriarty