rde_w;439330 Wrote:
> I've been running with MP3s since my first Slimp3 but have just decided
> to convert everything to FLAC.  I did a couple of tests and things went
> well with my Squeezebox 3s.  Everything seemed to play well.  However,
> today for the first time I went to play a FLAC on one of my Slimp3s and
> it fails.  I've hunted around forums to no avail.  Can anyone point me
> in right direction please.  I've tried this on all devices, Squeezeboxes
> work, Slimp3s fail.
>
> Example error from the squeezecenter log:
> [09-07-09 21:22:43.0848] Slim::Player::Song::open (341) Error: Couldn't
> create command line for flc playback for
> [file:///music/Don%20Davis/THE%20MATRIX%20Original%20Motion%20Picture%20Score/01%20-%20Don%20Davis%20-%20Main%20TitleTrinity%20Infinity.flac]
>
> Running: Suse 11.1, Squeezecenter Version: 7.3.2 - 24695 @ Mon Jan 19
> 16:57:28 PST 2009
> Squeezebox 3 (x3), Squeezebox 2 (x1), Slimp3 (x4)

Hmm the slimp3 does not have native support for flac so your server is
supposed to do transcoding flac to wav ?  (or flac to mp3 ? )
A possibility is that it's an issue with that.

check your filetypes setting under advanced:
"
FLAC    FLAC    native
        MP3     flac/lame
        PCM     flac
"
check also that you actually have the flac binarie in squeezecenter.
which should be there per default ?
If you are using some kind of bitrate limiting transcoding to mp3, you
must have lame installed on your system and that is not distributed with
SC for licensing reasons. I've no clue what goes where on a suse
machine.
Turn off the bitrate limiting for the slimp3 if it is on.

Otherwise I have no exact clue on whats your problem, perhaps using
some of the logging settings can get you more info ?

and you should consider using 7.3.3 or better 7.3.4 (the bug corrected
7.3.3 )

--
Mnyb