I have 2 SB Classics, 2 Duets, and one Boom.  The SB Boom is in my
bedroom and is my clock radio in there.  I usually have all of these
synced with each other.  I've run into some funky problems along this
line and I can best illustrate it with what happened this evening.

I've been falling asleep to the TV lately, and last night wanted to
turn on music on my Boom and fall asleep to that.  Lately I've been
listening to a few different RadioIO stations on my SBs and the one I
use the most is the one in my study, a Duet.

Tonight I was listening to "Roots of Rock" on RadioIO on my Duet in my
study.  While the other 4 SBs were synced, they were all off.  Then I
shut off my Duet and went to bed.  I turned on my Boom and tried to
pick, from Favorites, the RadioIO "Jazz Standards."  The connection
timed out.  Since I had seen similar problems recently, where a
connection times out with one SB but not others, I hauled my carcass out
of bed, went to my study and used the remote to turn the Duet on to
"Jazz Standards" and it went on -- then I could hear it from the Boom as
well.  I turned the Duet off with no problem to the Boom.

This got my curiosity up, so I went back to the Boom and changed it to
"Vocal Jazz," again on RadioIO.  Again, connection time out.  So I
turned the Duet to "Vocal Jazz" and both SBs started playing that
station.  All was well, I turned off the Duet and the Boom still played
on.  Now I used the remote from the Duet, changed it to the Boom, and
tried to change the Boom to another station from the remote.  Again, it
timed out.  So I used the remote and set the Duet to that station.  And,
again, both started playing the same music.

I also experimented by taking the Boom off the sync with the other SBs.
Still the same.  I tried calling up the RadioIO streams from the
Internet Radio menu instead of from Favorites.  I tried another radio
stream and it also timed out.

In short, I cannot pick any radio stream from the Boom without getting
a timed out error.  I have to pick that stream for the Duet and keep
them in sync.  I've had this similar problem in the past few days with
another SB.  I tried to pick a RadioIO stream and it would not start
until I went to the Duet in my study and started it there.  (This was on
another Duet.)  So it looks like, for some reason, I can only pick and
start streaming radio stations from one SB, the Duet in my study.

I have found that I can pick a playlist or other music in my music
library on the Boom.  I just can't get any Internet Radio without a
timeout.

I'm using SqueezeCenter 7.3.3.  I know there's an update, but I'm not a
quick updater for software (it's running on Debian Linux).  I also
didn't see a bug in there pertaining to Internet radio that seemed to
address this in the new version.

At one point, once I started listening to streams instead of my own
library, when I wanted to turn on an SB  to what it was playing when I
shut it off (or what the others it was synced to were already playing),
I just hit the PLAY button on the Boom and the classics and hit the
PAUSE button on the DUET remotes and it would turn that device on and
play that stream.  I don't do that, but I did start to notice a few
funky things happening (that was a week ago, so I forgot what they
were), so I changed to always turning each SB on and off instead of
taking short cuts.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thank yoU!

--