My music collection is made up primarily of flac and mp3 files.
Occasionally for one reason or another I get some m4a files.  For
consistency purposes, and also for being able to play the files across a
larger range of devices, I would like to convert the m4a files to mp3
files.  I'm primarily a Linux user and I've come across a real basic
couple line script that takes care of the conversion, but unfortunately
it doesn't bring over the tags.  With the number of files we are talking
about it is not really that big of a deal for me to manually re-tag the
mp3 files, but I figured it was worth asking if anyone knows of a
program that will do the conversion AND keep the tags.  Like I said, I'm
primarily a Linux user, but if there is a Windows-only program I am OK
with that.  Because this is only a once in a while thing I'm really
looking for something that is free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John