foffster;444419 Wrote:
> I've recently moved and the homeowner shares his wireless network with
> me. My iMac connects to the 64 WEP encrypted network, my Macbook
> connects, my Squeezebox Controller connects, my phone connects - all but
> my trusty old Squeezebox Classic connects to the network.
>
> Anybody have any idea why I can't connect? I cannot plug it in via
> ethernet, btw.

How are you entering the WEP key, Hexadecimal or ASCII? I believe the
SB3 only allows Hex for WEP keys, but some passwords could be
interpreted both ways depending on the range of characters used.

>From the SB3 user-guide: "WEP keys consist of a string of ten or
twenty-six digits or letters A through F."

If you have an alpha-numeric key, try using this: http://wepkey.com/

--
dsdreamer