I wouldn't drop it in the sink, put it in the oven (conventional or
microwave).  It might not do well in the dishwasher either.  :-).

Seriously though, it would do quite well in that environment.  Many
people have them there.  Mine are in kids bedrooms.  If I hadn't already
had a Klipsch iPod speaker setup with line in (which my Duet is
connected to), I would have gotten a boom for the kitchen.

You can also get a mount for the Boom.  I believe it will allow you go
mount it to a wall or under a counter.

I would just put it where it won't get hot, wet, or food splashed on
it.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 3 Booms, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.3.3, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 27,462 songs, 2,276 albums, 434 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior