I've had a 2nd generation SqueezeBox for about 3-4 years and it's worked
great until recently.

Basically it no longer responds to the remote.  It's definitely some
kind of hardware problem because even at startup it wont respond to the
right button to enter setup mode.  I've verified the IR remote is
actually working with a digital camera.

Because its not under any kind of guarantee, and because I have little
to loose, I've had the unit in bits and a friend of mine, who is a
dab-hand with a soldering iron, has re-soldered the IR sensor on the
display PCB.  We tried this because the joints looked a bit ropey, but
it didn't help.

It's very annoying because otherwise the unit works fine.  I would
probably still be using it even without the IR remote functionality,
save for changing my network over to WAP from WEP (and there is no way
to configure the network password without the remote!)

Has anyone got any ideas?  I would really like to get it working again,
as it would work great with the SqueezeBox Boom I recently purchased for
another room in my flat. :)

Lawrence

--
Aslak3