regalma1;449250 Wrote:
> I love it when it works. But I would never recommend it to anyone, at
> least not without a long list of caveats.
>
> <snip>
>
> I am using a WiFi equipped 7" netbook to run SC and act as a portable
> remote control, and am even thinking of going larger (to save my aging
> eyes).
>
> <snip>
>
> Now if you could just come up with a way to stop my netbook losing its
> connection with my NAS and forcing me to rescan my library. That may be
> the thing that eventually drives me to Sonos.

Such a set up is guaranteed to be problematic. The problems you are
having look to be nothing to do with SC or your Squeezebox(es). Running
SC on a laptop wirelessly connected to a NAS which holds your music
files is about the worst possible setup for stability I can think of.

SC, for stable running needs to run on either
1) a dedicated server, with music stored locally, wired to the router
2) a powerful NAS, with music stored locally, wired to the router

--
shake-the-disease

Players: Boom, SB3
Server: QNAP TS-239 w/ SSOTS 3.18, SS 7.3.3, MusicIP 1.8, 7k+ tracks
(formally running SS 6.3.1 on a QNAP TS-101 streaming to a SB1)

http://www.last.fm/user/ducVduc