Just to clarify, it's a plain old Squeezebox as opposed to a Squeezebox
2?

If so I think you are out of luck. The Napster DRM decoding isn't
possible on the older hardware as the SB1 only had direct hardware MP3
decoding and direct PCM passthrough.

I would have though SC would give you an error saying the service
wasn't compatible with your hardware. But other than that, there is
nothing that can be done save updating to a newer player.

--
funkstar

my collection:
*1*x boom
*2*x controller, *1*x receiver
*2*x sb3 (sliver/black, *1*x sb2 wired (silver), *1*x sb (black)
*1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

interested in any others if you have them!