dBerriff;455297 Wrote:
> I took the pricing on trust from a post made here. You are right, it is
> not even close.
>
> For the first time I am starting to file uneasy about all this. I read
> somewhere that the Touch software is being developed using Lua, the same
> development language as for the Controller. Looking around the forums
> here, this is supposed to fill me with confidence? I really thought at
> one time Logitech were going to dominate this sector.
>
> Since I have switched to an outboard DAC, this leaves the Squeezebox
> filling a relatively minor role that I could, with a bit of library
> revision, just use my Apple TV or Airport Express for. I lose the
> display but my iPod Touch works reliably as a controller. iTunes is the
> easiest way I have found of managing and maintaining a digital library.
> Shame it does not support FLAC  and Accurate Rip though.
>
> In fact, it is the superb Boom that keeps me committed to SqueezeCenter
> technology.

So far I have not experienced anything with the Touch that is similar
to the issues some have had with the Controller. Despite the development
language, the reality is that it is very nearly as stable as the Classic
or Boom.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. By December I'm confident it
will be rock solid. There may be a few niggles with the UI and the
embedded TinySC, but as a much-more sophisticated direct replacement for
a Classic it's working now.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom