msherman;455436 Wrote:
> Last time SD introduced a new product line, they had a great deal
> available to clear out stock on the older models ($100 off two SB3s,
> IIRC). With the Radio and Touch on the way, has there been anything
> similar announced (or hinted at) to clear out the remaining Classic and
> Boom stock?
>
> One of my SB3s just died. I'd really like to replace it with a Boom,
> but with the Radio so much cheaper, I may try to hold out for half a
> year. But if there's a deal on the Boom, I'll definitely jump on that.
The only "$100 off two SB3s" deal that I remember was the one when they
*introduced* the SB3. They also had pretty steep discounts on the SB2 at
that time ($179).

The Boom is not being discontinued yet, so I wouldn't expect
clear-the-warehouse discounts. Certainly not this year. However, a lot
of people on the forums have reported getting Booms at various retailers
for prices not much higher than the $199 list price of the radio. And
this is not counting the great deals people got as Circuit City was
going out of business. Look around on the net and you might find a good
deal on the Boom.

--
aubuti