Mike,

If they had native 5.1 material, wouldn't they make mention of that?
Seems like a huge selling point.

The other indication that the source material is stereo comes when they
share this information:

> Gary said the Omnia DSP unit and mating software package being used at
> Radio Free Colorado can and does mathematically derive separate stereo,
> full-range surround for all channels up to 5.1, whether the original
> source material RFC plays is surround encoded or not.

I'm not trying to bash RFC.  I'm just trying to clarify for everyone
reading here that the title and discussion about broadcasting in 5.1 is
a bit of a misnomer.  Yes, they are broadcasting in 5.1.  *But*, unless
someone clarifies for me otherwise, I get practically the same 5.1
effect if I take the any stereo-originated program in the world and
engage the Dolby PrologicII button on my receiver.  Now I have "separate
stereo, full-range surround for all channels up to 5.1" just like RFC
claims.

--
SamS