dennis55;458084 Wrote:
> "'Next generation' wi-fi approved",according to the BBC Tech blog.
> my Belkin router is Draft N approved,will Logitech be upgrading their
> wireless transmitters?,and will there be a retrograde fit mod
> available.
>
> dennis

Draft N approved doesn't necessarily mean that a Router meets the now
finally approved current Standard. The Router could require nothing, a
Firmware upgrade, or even not be able to meet the now finally approved
Standard. The main reason for this is that Companies forged ahead with
their idea of "Draft N" because it was taking so long.

There is nothing wrong with G Wifi and G works and plays well with N.
It is not like the old problem of B & G Wifi not playing well together
and pulling the whole wireless network down to B level if mixed.

Also G is more then qualified for use with Squeezebox. Would N help in
some cases, sure it would. It could also very well make things worse is
other cases.

As for retrofitting, I can't speak for Logitech but I can almost
guarantee that you'll never see that happen. The current new models
being released at the end of the month and in December will both come
with G Wifi cards. At some point in the future will Squeezeboxes come
with N Standard Wifi, I am sure they will. Will that be before or after
G cards are no longer available, I can't say but I'm betting it will be
later rater then sooner (I would bet cost and only cost will drive any
change to N).

Again these are my opinions and considering that N doesn't make that
much difference to the device's performance I wouldn't look for a change
anytime soon.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom