I think that the title is probably misleading

Here's what I have:
One iTunes library with about 500GB of Apple Lossless music.
One Logitech Squeezebox v2
iPods, iPhones, etc.

Here's what I want to do:
I want to make a library of compressed tracks (AAC) to sync on my
phones, iPods, etc.

I want the Squeezebox to only stream the lossless files.

I know how to make copies of the existing tracks and convert them to
AAC but I don't know how best to manage it. Two libraries?
Checking/Unchecking?

How would you do it?  I don't mind having redundant files but I want to
make sure that the squeezebox knows what to do.  I have the squeezebox
set up to look at my iTunes library currently.  Can I choose different
libraries in the squeezebox setup?

--
jdanforth