msherman;458247 Wrote:
> Are there any other recommendations out there? I looked into this one,
> and the google results aren't uniformly good.
If you're concerned with complaints about the auto-sensing being too
sensitive, so that it cuts out on quiet passages, don't be. Just use
Input 2, not Input 1. It's that simple. If you have other concerns, then
it's worth looking for something else.

One very good something else is the Parasound Zamp
(http://www.parasound.com/ParasoundZ/zampv3.php). It is also
auto-sensing. It is a little pricier than the AudioSource, and probably
a little better, but I've never heard one of them.

Another possibility is the Sonic T-Amp. It supposedly has excellent
audio quality, though again, I've never heard one. It is not
auto-sensing, but it draws so little power when it is idling that it may
as well be in standby mode. I don't think it has as much power as either
the AudioSource or the Zamp, so you would have to make up for that with
either more efficient speakers or lower listening volumes.

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it, and it's '100% wind
powered' (http://www.cleancurrents.com/). MSI Wind desktop (Ubuntu 8.10)
feeding: Living room: SB Touch + SBC > NAD C325 BEE > Vandersteen 1;
Kitchen/Dining: SB2 + SBC > AudioSource Amp100 > 2 pair of Polk RC60i;
Basement: SB3 > JVC JA-S44 > ESS Tempest LS8; Bedroom: Boom and SB
Radio;Study: Duet > Klipsch ProMedia 2.0; Kid's bedroom: SB2 > Klipsch
ProMedia 2.0
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/