If you are thinking of the system architecture then sure, it makes sense
for the user to distinguish between SC and SN. Then it sounds nice to
add features like automatically switching between the two sources and
syncing the two Favorites lists.

But if you are thinking of the *user*, the relationship should be more
seamless. In particular, SC should be called something like "My Stuff",
SN should be called something like "Internet Stuff", and either/both
should appear in the top-level menu whenever they are available.
Furthermore, Favorites should always present the same Favorites list
regardless of which source is connected; isn't the whole point of
Favorites to provide quick access to your favorites?

I don't see why all of this integration and source switching can't be
done in the UI, so I assume the reason it didn't happen long ago is that
the developers are thinking about system architecture rather than the
user's mindset.

--
bruce