Speaking of, how many kwh are people using for their homes, what % of
this goes to running music equipment.

Me and my SO use about 250kwh/month.  The TP is about 2.6kwh/month
(1%).

My primary PC which I use for working from home, running squeezecenter,
etc uses about 80kwh/month (30%), but I need to re-measure this since I
did a few changes to it.

My fridge in my last apartment used about 60kwh/month (25%).

I need to go around and audit the power usage of my other stuff.  I
suspect a large chunk of the power in my new apartment is lighting.
There are a number of halogen tube lights that are built-in to the walls
that I can't replace with CFL or other efficient lighting.

--
SuperQ