Also learned by experience always rip lossles (otherwise you will do it
again later ) fix all tags and cover art while at it, don' t rip and
adjust weird tagging "later" you will make a mess.

My approach while ripping was : rip a bunch of CD's fix all taggs plunk
them into your "music" directory/disc.. let squeezecenter scan, check if
everything looks and sort ok on the screen if not adjust tags scan
again.
Then put today's work on the backup disc.

And don't put all files in the same dir use some intelligent schema
like artist/album/track1...n   .

I have a long distance extra backup I p2p (skype) to a friend 600km
from me.
This get done with 2 weeks interval. And My Friend backup some of his
files with me

--
Mnyb