SilverRS8;462010 Wrote:
> Hi Stof77,
>
> Its still on my list and I have yet to begin with it. My thoughts on
> how it should be implemented are:
> - Indication is made on album level (in the album header), not on
> individual track level
> - Indication is:
> - Codec i.e. mp3, flac, ogg, ....
> - Quality (for lossy codecs) (but not for VBR)
> - CBR or VBR. In case of CBR where multiple bitrates are used on the
> album the indication will be CBR Mixed
>
> I hope to implement it soon but my current priority is at my study
> towards a specialized certification so it may take longer than you (and
> I) would like to.
>
> But please share your thoughts on how you think (and all other reader
> who like this feature) it would have to be implemented.
>
> Frank

At 1rst I was thinking of something really basic like : only the codec
used at album level, that was it !

But maybe adding some (optional) extra info like CBR / VBR & bitrates,
like you mentionned is good idea,

though I don't really see the point with "quality" if we have bitrates
(IMO).

Take your time & focus on your certification !

--
stof77

HiFi : SqueezeBox3, SC V7.3.2 - 24695 (avec SSODS de flipflip) - NAS
Synology DS 127+.128, Dac Northstar 192, NAD C320BEE, Triangle
AlteaESW.

HC : BD Prime Dune, Denon AVR-1908 (couplé au NAD), ALteaESW + 2
vielles biblios Jamo, VP Sony HW10.