NB: I write this because I have a deep respect for Slim Devices, your
products, your customer relationship. I want you to know that from my
point of view Logitech are making mistakes with this brand and they need
to sort it out.

At first I was disappointed with the 'app' fascination announced this
morning - it's cargo cult stuff - and logitech isn't the only one guilty
of trying to ape Apple - but it's certainly one that's really pushing
things to a level of absurdity...music services as 'apps' appears to be
taking the consumer proposition to a level of abstraction that is very
confusing and unclear.

The renaming of everything *again* also is a dangerous move - witness
wikis, blogs, forums - essentially the sum total of effort that's been
put into documenting, discussion, explaining, solving and developing the
Squeezebox landscape all being cast out of relevancy in terms of search
keywords etc... - some of the owned content can be updated, but the
earned/user created content out there on the web will likely never get
updated.

I've also been concerned to see that www.squeezebox.com being broken
for quite a few hours now... so I resorted to slimdevices.com which now
bounces through to logitechsqueezebox.com (which is a unnecessarily
complex domain name) - and I'm greeted with this hokey amateur 3d model
thing? Does no-one at logitech remember the MS Office Paperclip?

Seriously. The smart, intelligent, innovative brand that Squeezebox is,
is now starting to behave in hokey, cheap, bewildered and confusing
manner. It feels horrible. I'm sad to see this happen.

I realise that much of this is locked and loaded, fair enough, but
please at least shut down the 3d model thing - it's laughable... :(

--
rh2600

Squeezebox Duet

Receiver wired to router
Controller wifi'd to router
XP SqueezeCenter wired to router

Router: D-link DSL-G604T-GenII ADSL Wifi