This is what happened to me last night.

Mine's a SB Classic, used with a MacBook Pro.

I appreciate reading the technical assistance in the post just above
mine but, frankly, I don't really understand it. I hope, when I try to
follow it that it will all make sense.

I have to say, this SB is a great product when it works, but it is SO
deceptive.
The instructions present a simple, intuitive walk through installation
process, but NOTHING has worked as presented, and everything I've done
has required technical assistance.

Same when a relative bought the Duet. Had to get a IT friend with years
experience in to figure it out. It took 2 days.

I thought I'd save a pile of money, and get a super cool product for a
song with this thing. Instead, I'm developing an aneurism.

I'm quite confident that I'll be spending $3 or 4 k on a transport
pretty soon, and the SB will end up a pile of plastic shards under the
wheels of my car. If not this time, then next.

--
Tube Nube