boerner;464671 Wrote:
> I am just afraid that the heart of soul of the original small group that
> formed Slim Devices has become absorbed by a larger company that just
> doesn't "get it", in terms of what made Slim so great from the
> beginning.
The fundamental issue is that the people who truly understand the
vision behind the Squeezebox concept are not in a position of sufficient
authority. Now that the likes of Sean and Dean are gone, those that
remain who *really* understand are not senior enough to drive things in
the right direction. Big companies like Logitech tend to make product
decisions based on marketing rather than technical research. The
Squeezebox product range (both hardware and software) is now highly
vulnerable to that effect.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A