My Squeezebox Duet and Squeezebox Boom have just been reduced to very
expensive paper weights.  Well, at least the Squeezebox Boom is also a
very expensive clock radio.

So, on Wednesday I received Logitech's email announcement about the
upgrade to Squeezebox Server 7.4.  Excited, I downloaded and installed
the update that night.  I had been running SqueezeCenter 7.3.x on a
ReadyNAS hard drive.  My iTunes music library is also saved on that
drive, which is what SqueezeCenter used as the source of my music.
Everything had been working well.

After installing the upgrade, I found that it had erased all my
settings.  I had to set up my favorites, podcasts, alarms etc. from
scratch.  But I eventually got it to work.  Then I tried to use the
iTunes plug-in to scan my library. Disaster.  Scanning this forum, I
quickly learned that the new SqueezeServer was not compatible with the
iTunes plug-in.  No problem.  I disabled it, restarted the server,
rescanned my entire library, and then . . . . nothing.  The software
would not play any of my music (m4a files).  I  rebooted the hard drive
and rescanned my entire library again.  Same result.  I have wasted my
entire weekend troubleshooting this problem, to no avail.  The players
will not lay any of the music in my library.  I note, however, that I
can stream radio stations and podcasts just fine.

I just got on this forum again, to trouble shoot, and saw posts
mentioning version 7.4.1 of the upgrade.  Great, I thought, maybe this
fixes the problem.  So I went to download the 7.4.1 versions.  To my
horror I saw an announcement:  "Squeezebox Server 7.4 is not currently
available for ReadyNAS"

So, now I find that I have a version of the server software that is
incompatible with my hard drive.  And, I have no way to go back and
instal the previous version that works.

I am at my wits end.  Before this upgrade, I enthusiastically
recommended these products to everyone.  Now, I want desperately to
return them, get my money back and buy a Sonos!  Any constructive
suggestions would be appreciated!!

--
sam.woodley