Here's my thought.... the SB2 is trying to connect to the Linksys
network since it is a stronger signal. I don't have an SB2 (have one
SliMP3 and 2 SB1s) so I'm not sure if it is different in the way it
finds the networks but... what if it is somehow seeing the Linksys
network and trying to connect. It connects, but doesn't find a
Slimserver on this network.

Is there a way to force the SB2 to ignore one network and only use the
one you specify?

However, this doesn't explain why playback would be choppy. I seem to
recall that there are specific ports on your router that you can
forward to the Slimserver if you have problems. Have you tried that?

--
jtf