I'm not sure why there's such a kerfluffle over 7.4, it's working just
fine over here...

I first installed this on my Ubuntu 9.04 server.  I tried copying the
prefs over, it kept the prefs for my SB2 but I lost my Boom prefs.
Didn't take too long to get things back to where they were before
though.

The big change came from my fiance.  I told her she could use any of my
players anytime she wanted, she said she didn't because none of her
music was on the system.  With the ability to name libraries with 7.4, I
thought maybe it was time for a radical departure - I installed 7.4 on
her MacBook and had it use iTunes for its music library.

It worked just fine.  I was surprised, I don't have much experience
with Macs and even less with iTunes, plus I was under the impression
that iTunes integration was fussy.  But no, it worked first time.  And
she's really pleased.

I made sure to add "Music Source" to the menus, all she has to do is
turn on her MacBook and select that, scrolling down to her library.

So - over here - it's working on a completely different OS with what
can be a difficult music application, no problem.

Thank you developers!

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta),
SBC (early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta), Squeezebox Touch
(late beta)
Sold: SB3, Duet