MrSinatra;468546 Wrote:
> really?  so tell me, when is the last time you fired up a mono source
> (that you encoded as mono too btw) on your main hifi super expensive
> stereo system and listened to it out of just ONE speaker???
>
> i have no beef against mono sources, like say the beatles mono set.
> but if i listen to that, it won't be on this silly sbradio, it'll be on
> some kind of stereo which is geared towards music.
>

> thats fair enough, but my point is that is incredibly niche imo, and
> even then not suitable for music, talk only.  seems to me the SBC suits
> that scenario better.

Well obviously I've never just used one speaker on my main system!
In fact it has something you'd love called "party mode" where it can
put a mono source through all 5 speakers - bathing you in mono!

There's no law of the universe that says that music only sounds
right/good from two (or more) speakers.

If I had to, I could happily listen to a single big Klipschorn in the
corner.

Putting mono through two speakers just makes it louder... try it and
see!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio