My reasoning behind having my SB switch off when the current song finishes is that I often listen to music while reading etc., before going to sleep. When I decide it's time to go to sleep, I don't necessarily want to shut off the current song mid-flow, but I equally don't want it to keep playing for another 15 minutes.

The PowerSave plugin would be useful if I wanted to switch the SB off after it's finished the playlist, but that assumes i'm listening to the final track in the current playlist when I decide to go to sleep.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.