I released 0.9 a while ago but I just realized I never posted to this
forum.

There are a lot of cool features in this release many requested by the
SqueezeBox community. This is a quick summary.

* FLAC to mp3 mirroring through the web GUI.
* Backup to USB drive through the web GUI
* Built in Simplify Media server with web GUI configuration
* Better auto cover art. Using both Amazon and Google images.

The most important feature is FLAC mirror. In older versions of
VortexBox we were ripping to both FLAC and mp3 as the CDs were ripped.
This made the ripping process slower and was inflexible.

We now have a menu option FLAC mirror. This allows you to start a
mirroring job whenever you want. After you rip all you CDs to FLAC you
can start a FALC mirror process. This menu allows you to select the
bitrate for mp3 encoding. It then checks for any FLACs that do not have
corresponding mp3s. If there is no mp3 for your FLAC the process creates
it.

FALC mirror also save you time if you want to edit tags. You can edit
the tags on your FLACs and run FLAC mirror again. It will go through and
update all the tags without having to re-encode the mp3s. FLAC mirror
will also mirror cover.jpg and any text files you have in with your
FLACs.

We also added another highly requested feature. USB backup. This allows
you to backup your music collection on a USB drive from the web GUI.
Once you connect a drive you will be prompted to format it. VortexBox
will format the drive NTFS so you can mount it on a windows machine
later if you want. You can then start a process to backup your data.
Once you have backed up all your data the first time only the changed or
new data will be backed up on subsequent backups.

Simplify media server is now built in. This allows you to access your
music from an iPod touch or a PC anywhere in the world.

--
agillis

rip, tag, get cover artÂ… All you do is insert the CD!
http://vortexbox.org

agillis
Lead Developer VortexBox