I've experienced this problem for about 3 weeks now - trying to connect
to MySqueezeBox.com in China.  To connect using the Boom, I have to
start Squeeze Sever on a PC, connect the Boom, start playing a radio
stream, which may or may not happen. About half the time, the Boom just
hangs up with "connecting' on the display. IF a station connects through
the server, I can then almost always connect the Boom directly to
MSB.com. These steps are necessary every time I unplug the Boom and/or
we loose net access for a few minutes.

As for my SB3 - I've not been able to get past the "connecting" stage
by either connecting to Squeeze Server or trying MSB.com directly for 3
weeks now. It just refuses to go beyond "connecting". I can play music
off my PC via Squeeze Server just fine over both the Boom and SB3.

I've tried a number of things [resets, power cycles, different versions
of 7.4, etc] though I've not gone back to 7.3 yet.  The cats at customer
service have looked at this a couple of times and are stumped as well.
Yes, it seems to coincide with the upgrade to 7.4 and the new
MySqueezeBox.com network, but I can't find any direct link(s).  And
there plenty of Great Fire Walls and other hinky stuff going on here
that may be in the mix.

Anyone else with similar experiences and/or suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

--
robchel