I've been working the kinks out of the "now playing" project, and I
after observing some strange behavior on the part of the frame, I
believe it may be underpowered with its stock power supply. It comes
with a 5V 2A wall wart.

>From time to time, the now playing image becomes corrupted on the frame
even though it's fine on the server. What made me suspect the power
supply was that at one point I switched it out for another 5V 2A wall
wart I had on hand, and the wireless adapter would not even operate.

I'm guessing that the frame needs a good portion of those 2A itself and
that the wireless adapter pushes it close to or over the limit.

I'm going to look around for a higher amperage 5V supply and see if it
behaves more reliably.

So, anyone out there planning on attempting a similar project with the
Pandigital PAN7000DW, take heed.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!
http://www.theheals.org/
~~~
SB3 (wired - 6.3.1) | DELL OptiPlex PC running XP Pro | DENON DRA-395 |
PSB Stratus Bronze (2) | Outlaw Audio LFM-2 (1) | DIY Speaker Cables |
Dayton Audio Interconnects