Hello,

I have been very happy with my Yamaha Natural Sound CDC-655 but I
thought it was time to use my 2 year old Squeezebox v3 for real and file
my CDs away.  The player has been rock solid and has sonically been fine
in my opinion.  I am by no means an audiophile.  I am not bashing Yamaha
either.

I don't know if this stuff is just in my head but....

The Squeezebox seams to have a fuller fatter (not louder... That is
different) sound than my CD player.  I can hear more detail too.  He is
the deal..  I use EAC to rip my CDs on my Wife's Window's machine.  The
drive I am using to rip is a tsstcorp cd dvdw sh-s182d.  I didn't use
any normalizing or anything.

Maybe the Squeezebox has a newer better DAC?  Actually I am using my
AVR's  DAC (Coax Cable) for the squeezebox so that is out of the
question.
Does the Squeezebox leave the stream alone or is there some EQ done on
it?  I hope that it is left alone.

Jeff

--
slinkeey