So, to sum up:

I need to use mplayer (via the AlienBBC plugin) to do the transcoding
from the WAV (provided by the KEXP stream) to FLAC.

And I must disable WMA.  Presumably I must do the latter directly in
/etc/squeezeboxserver/custom-convert.conf, since the Squeezebox Server's
web interface does not appear to have any option to disable plain WMA
(as opposed to WMA Lossless, WMAPro, etc.) within the Settings page.

Are there examples out there of the lines required in
custom-convert.conf to disable WMA?  Or a tutorial on how to handle this
file?

--
ChrisG