Thanks. I managed to resolve the connectivity issue on my own with a bit
of persistence. I had to get the controller to do a factory reset, which
proved tricky in this case, but once it reset I was in business.

The phone issue with support was completely weird. I was impressed that
I got a real human on the line on a Saturday, but was frustrated because
neither of us could make out half of what the other was saying. Having
tried this on multiple phones, carriers, and locations and getting the
same result each time leads me to the conclusion that the fault lay with
logitech.

Anyway, thanks for weighing in...

--
chinaski