I notice that there are no longer any forums dedicated to older
Squeezebox hardware.  I'm still hoping I can get some troubleshooting
help for my circa 2003 Squeezebox V1.

My Squeezebox V1 (FW40) started having issues about a week ago.  Every
night, at the same time, it will show that it has disconnected from the
Squeezebox Server (7.4.1).  A ping test shows that it in fact has lost
network connectivity.

I initially thought this was a DHCP issue with the IP address not being
renewed.  The last time the issue happened I rebooted my router which
should have flushed the DHCP bindings so that apparently is not the
problem.

I've also replaced the network cable to the device and changed out the
network switch port.  None of the other devices on the network switch
are having any issues.

I have also done a reset on the Squeezebox hardware by holding down the
add button on the remote while powering it up.

The only unusual thing I can remember from the time when the problem
began is that this device seems my Squeezebox Server as having the name
"Gizmo" while all of my other Slim Device hardware sees the server name
as "gizmo".  Not sure it really matters.

Does anyone know of any way to do any further hardware debugging on the
unit before giving up for good?

Thanks.

--
jmpage2